Monday, February 6, 2012

Regular internet Detox tips?

In recent years I have heard a few friends speak of plans to get off the internet for a day, a weekend, a week end, a month, etc. Each of the last two years, I tried to take 3-4 days off the coast of the internet and on both occasions he was younger - I come back feeling quite invigorated, focused, etc. But that sense did not last too long last year, and I doubt it will be this year.

Small waterfall on the side of a trail off the coast of the Skyline Drive, Virginia, may 2011

So... all friends who have tried things similar have thoughts or advice on how to do an internet detox on a regular basis and make it really effective and sustainable? I guess that part "make it sustainable" inevitably involves advice on how to manage email, work, twitter, etc while you are gone. Twitter and greader that I'm really well with just "mark read and move on" but that is much more difficult with the e-mail for me.

This entry was posted on Friday, May 13, 2011 at 12: 28 and is filed under staff, BGP software. You can follow your comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys